AYEPO in collaboration with USIP will organize a 5-day Peace Camp Training in Kabul by bringing together 20 youth from various parts of Afghanistan to develop skills and share experiences vital to personal transformation and peacebuilding. Th program is designed to break down barriers and equip participants with the knowledge and skills to spread peacemaking everywhere. During this program, 20 youth from across the country will meet face to face, share meals and stories, listen to the other’s perspectives, explore topics of peace and reconciliation, learn peace-building and conflict resolution/transformation skills, and design projects for change within their community.
Peace Camp Goal
The goal of the program is to empower the participants with tools for peacemaking as well as personal transformation and healing, and then to see them multiply that out into every family, village, and community across Afghanistan using their own visions, projects, and creative solutions to their community’s problems and conflicts.
- Enhance understanding of youth on peace concepts, principles, and peace building skills,
- Provide an environment where participants practically experience forgiveness, reconciliation, collaboration and diversity through learning by doing interventions,
- Educate and equip participants with conflict resolution and transformation skill and tools.
- University / Graduate Student
- Should be a resident from Kabul, Nangarhar, Ghazni, Parwan, Jawzjan, Wardak, Laghman, Herat, Balkh, Kandahar, Bamyan & provinces
- Should be between the age of 18 – 30
- Peace-building experience OR socially & culturally active in the community
- Should understand English (take note: the program will be conducted in both Dari & English)
- Should be able to travel to Kabul alone (we cannot provide travel cost for your Mahram)
- Gender both (female and male)
- Upon completion of the training, each participant is required & should be committed to complete a small project in their respective communities to transfer the skills to fellow young people.
- Application deadline: 15 May
- Duration: five days (5 June to 9 June)
- Time: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Training Location (The program will be held in Kabul, and the accommodation and travel costs of participants that live outside of Kabul will be covered by AYEPO).
- Security and Covid-19 Considerations (Take note that the program may be postponed due to security concerns that may arise closer to June or also due to covid-19 restrictions due to the third wave of the pandemic).
How to apply?
Fill the this form.