AYEPO in collaboration with USIP will organize a 5-day Peace Camp Training in Kabul by bringing together 20 youth from various parts of Afghanistan to develop skills and share experiences vital to personal transformation and peacebuilding. Th program is designed to break down barriers and equip participants with the knowledge and skills to spread peacemaking everywhere. During this program, 20 youth from across the country will meet face to face, share meals and stories, listen to the other’s perspectives, explore topics of peace and reconciliation, learn peace-building and conflict resolution/transformation skills, and design projects for change within their community.
Peace Camp Goal
The goal of the program is to empower the participants with tools for peacemaking as well as personal transformation and healing, and then to see them multiply that out into every family, village, and community across Afghanistan using their own visions, projects, and creative solutions to their community’s problems and conflicts.
- Enhance understanding of youth on peace building concepts, principles, and skills
- Provide an environment where participants will practically learn how to promote the culture of forgiveness, reconciliation, collaboration and diversity through beneficial interventions
- Educate and equip participants with conflict resolution and transformation skill and tools.
- University / Graduate Student
- Should be a resident from Kabul, Nangarhar, Ghazni, Parwan, Jawzjan, Wardak, Laghman, Herat, Balkh, Kandahar, Bamyan & provinces
- Should be between the age of 18 – 30
- Peace-building experience OR socially & culturally active in the community
- Should understand English (take note: the program will be conducted in both Dari & English)
- Should be able to travel to Kabul alone (we cannot provide travel cost for your Mahram)
- Gender both (female and male)
- Upon completion of the training, each participant is required & should be committed to complete a small project in their respective communities to transfer the skills to fellow young people.
Selection Process and Timeline
- Application should be filled – 15 May
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified for the interview – 20 May
- Interview process through virtual call: 20 – 25 May
- Selected applicants will be notified – 28 May
- Provincial participants will arrive in Kabul, go to the hotel on 6th June (those who want to stay in their relative’s home will not be accommodated in the hotel)
- The program will start on 7th June and end on 11th
- The provincial participants will leave Kabul on 12th